Chaotic scenes as blaze in Hong Kong train injures 11

Chaotic scenes as blaze in Hong Kong train injures 11

Chaotic scenes as blaze in Hong Kong train injures 11

At least 15 people have been injured after a man threw a molotov cocktail petrol bomb on a Hong Kong MTR train.


A police source told the paper: "A man tried to hurl a lit Molotov cocktail on board a packed train when it was about to reach TST platform and he caught fire".

Another shows him lying on the floor with his legs on fire as others desperately try to put out the flames by beating his lower half with their jackets.

Tsim Sha Tsui station remained closed and the Tsuen Wan line was disrupted while the rest of the metro ran a normal service.

Interior designer Ray Chau, 27, said he was originally travelling to Mong Kok when he heard the captain announce that all passengers would have to get off at Tsim Sha Tsui Station.

He also asked the Secretary for Food and Health, Dr Ko Wing-man, to visit the injured persons at the hospitals on behalf of the Government, to understand their conditions and to instruct the various hospitals to give them full treatment.

The fire started in the front carriage of the train at around 7pm local time (11am GMT), when the train was halfway between Admiralty and Tsim Sha Tsui station.

Sam Shields cut by Green Bay
He also used several hashtags indicating he wishes the team simply let him retire and that he does not want to play anywhere else. After the NFC Championship Game, Shields said, "It's just like some days tough headaches, some days it's mild". "It varies.

Police anti-terrorism officers, who were recently deployed to patrol the city's railway network for the first time to beef up security in response to global terrorist attacks, have been sent to the scene.

"Suddenly a lot of thick white smoke swarmed over us".

A number of people were carried out of the station on stretchers, while paramedics treated others for injuries at street level, where rows of ambulances and fire engines were parked.

"One minute we were all playing with our phones, the next there was smoke everywhere". It is believed to be an isolated incident that is not linked to terrorism.

"The smoke came from nowhere and spread very quickly".

One man has been arrested for arson, but is undergoing surgery due to his injuries.

Related news